In our school we have a dynamic, hard working and very involved Governing Body. They work alongside the children in the classrooms and each class has its own Governor. The Governors know the children and more importantly the children know the Governors. We all work together to make this school a wonderful learning place for all.
Broadly, the governing body is statutorily responsible for:
- Deciding, with the Headteacher, the aims and policies of the school, and how the standards of education can be improved.
- Deciding, in general terms, how the school should operate.
- Helping to draw up, with the Headteacher and staff, the school development plan.
- Deciding how to spend the school’s budget.
- Making sure that the National Curriculum and religious education are taught.
- Selecting the Headteacher.
- Selecting the Deputy Headteacher(s).
- Choosing, promoting, supporting and disciplining other school in consultation with the Headteacher.
- Acting as a link between the local community and the school.
- Drawing up the action plan after an inspection and monitoring its implementation.
In practice, all these duties, apart from the appointment of the Headteacher, are carried out in close consultation with the Headteacher and in some instances with other members of the staff group.
The Headteacher is accountable to the governing body for the management of the curriculum and the school.
If you would like to meet and speak to one of the Governors please contact Mrs E. Clarke in the School Office, who is the Clerk to Governors and she will organise an appointment for you.
Please see ‘Governor Information 2016-2017’ document for members:
Governors Register of Business Interests 2017-2018………. Non Declared
Clerk to Governors – Mrs Elaine Clarke