“Art is wonderful at our school, we learn about different artists and create our own work based on them. I like it when we use paint and clay, these are my favourite materials”
Through art, children invite us into their thoughts by creatively communicating through pictures, drawing, painting, clay, etc. It is our role at St Leos and Southmead Primary School to provide children with an exciting themed curriculum, with rich exciting experiences, good-quality materials, and skills that will help them be lifelong learners and lifelong thinkers.
Who knows, your child could be a future David Hockney, Paul Curtis or Banksy!!!!!!
Children should be encouraged to be thinkers and theorists, not merely learn to follow directions. Art provides a perfect startingpoint for exploring other countries, other cultures and making links to history.
As part of our cultural program and ambition week, children every year visit the city galleries, museums, exhibitions and meet people who have careers in art. The children have opportunities throughout the school year to work alongside artists through exhibitions, museums and have been involved in paper making, 3D art, animation and many more projects!!
Based on the children’s understanding and prior experiences of art in the knowledge cloud, we can prepare an exciting structured art program that encourages ambition, celebrates originality and allows for the sharing of children’s ideas and opinions as little artists on a journey through our school.
- Year 1 Art Knowledge Organiser Autumn – Self Portraits
- Year 1 Art Knowledge Organiser Spring – Weaving
- Year 1 Art Knowledge Organiser Summer – Andy Goldsworthy
- Year 2 Art Knowledge Organiser Summer – David Hockney
- Year 2 Art Knowledge Organiser Spring Morris PDF – William Morris
- Year 2 Art Knowledge Organiser Autumn – Lowry
- Year 3 Art Knowledge Organiser Spring – Masks
- Year 3 Art Knowledge Organiser Summer – Fabric Dying
- Year 4 Art Knowledge Organiser Spring – Paul Curtis
- Year 4 Art Knowledge Organiser Autumn – Roman Mosaics
- Year 4 Art Knowledge Organiser Summer – Lino Printing
- Year 5 Art Knowledge Organiser Spring – Paul Klee
- Year 5 Art Knowledge Organiser Summer
- Year 5 Art Knowledge Organisers Autumn – Still Life
- Year 6 Art Knowledge Organiser Summer – Pop Art
- Year 6 Art Knowledge Organiser Autumn – Spray Painting